As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Video: Machinedrum Morphor V1.1 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Video: Machinedrum Morphor V1.1
Chain Chomp
Re:Video: Machinedrum Morphor V1.1 11 Years ago
Ahhh the TM ...that's something I don't have.....yet.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
But as long as it doesn't use the wireless midi I should be fine....I haven't gotten touch osc hooked up properly over the wireless yet. I hope my confusion is a bit less with the lemur app, it looks like it's a bit more programming than I am used to. It'll just take a few sittings to get the hang of. There is a template for reaktor that I am in dire need of for controlling the twisted tools s-layer ensemble. And now this for the MD.. Sometime this week.
MK7
Killer Beez
Lemur does support wlan connections, at least to computers, but with the MD it seems much more practical to me to just plug a cable in. You don't save much when sending data via wlan to a computer and from there via cables to the MD..

I use camera connection kit, USB hub to connect controllers, TM-1 and a MIDI merger to add a MIDI clock into the bidirectional connection between iPad and MD.
MK7
Killer Beez
I found and purchased the perfect USB controller for this template:

Korg Nanokontrol 2

8 parameter knobs
8 parameter scene buttons
8 arrangement scene buttons
8 master scene buttons
8 volume sliders (just add a page button and some lines in the Midi-In script and these 8 sliders can control either the first 8 or second 8 volumes)
3 page buttons
8 option buttons

nice
Cappy
Played with this today, and it's just awesome. Good work sir. Makes me wish there was one for the mono too. Incidentally, while trying to find a way to use this template while using the mono as master, I plugged it into the mono and got some interesting results going on...someone with more knowledge than I might be able to adapt it.

That said, any suggestions for how I can keep the mono as master while using this template with the md as slave? Or is that not possible without something like the iconnectmidi?
MK7
Killer Beez
thx!

just use a midi merger to merge the clock signal coming from the mono with cc messages sent by lemur. it should also be possible to merge inside lemur but I prefer the hardware route due to potential latency in the other case.

regarding mono: basically it just needs different cc mappings in the global input/output scripts and different titles on the sliders. ok and the mono has more pages and less tracks, so it needs a modified layout.
Cappy
Ahh, looks like I'll have to wait a bit to try that, as I don't have any kind of a midi merger and am just going to wait until the new iconnectmidi comes out. I was just trying to find some way using the TM-1, CCK and a couple of midi cables, but that's clearly not going to work.

Something I was wondering about is if there would be some way to implement a Function button as a momentary control, so that instead of using the Function and Encoder, then Function>Classic/Ext trick to clear it, you could hold function, turn an encoder (or adjust the corresponding parameter in Lemur), and create a temporary change that would revert to the original state once Function was released. This would also get past the lack of Classic/Extended key in the Mono if a template is made...maybe I'm just dreaming, but it seems like it would let you get past some of the two handed tweaking...
Chain Chomp
Check out MidiBridge, the IOS app
MK7
Killer Beez
This function ctr-al and kit reload feature can indeed be implemented in lemur.
Cappy
Biologik-I believe I read a post from you on the Liine forums about how you are using Lemur with the Elektrons and a Virus without using Midibridge tho? Is that correct? If so, how are you accomplishing this? I'll probably grab Midibridge regardless.

MK7-Then I will have to give it a shot soon after I get a better handle on Lemur. Adding ctr-al and a pitch bend and mod wheel would add a lot of expression to the Mono.
Go to top Post Reply